- “You’re going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it’s always their actions you should judge them by. It’s actions, not words, that matter.”
- “So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s going to be really hard; we’re gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me… everyday.”
- “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.”
- “Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more.”
- “When you’re struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it’s just as hard as what you’re going through.”
- “Nothing that’s worthwhile is ever easy. Remember that.”
- “We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it.”
- “I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.”
- “You are the answer to every prayer I’ve offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don’t know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.”
- “If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her—then don’t let her go.”
- “My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.”
- “Dreams are always crushing when they don’t come true. But it’s the simple dreams that are often the most painful because they seem so personal, so reasonable, so attainable. You’re always close enough to touch, but never quite close enough to hold and it’s enough to break your heart.”
- “Mom says it’s because she has PMS.
Do you even know what that means?
“I’m not a little kid anymore. It pissed-at- men syndrome”
- “you have to love something before you can hate it.”
- “Passion is passion. It’s the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn’t matter where it’s directed…It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith…the saddest people I’ve ever met in life are the ones who don’t care deeply about anything at all.”
- “While I sleep, I dream of you, and when I wake, I long to hold you in my arms. If anything, our time apart has only made me more certain that I want to spend my nights by your side, and my days with your heart.”
- “They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.”
- “Life, he realized, was much like a song. In the beginning there is mystery, in the end there is confirmation, but it’s in the middle where all the emotion resides to make the whole thing worthwhile.”
- “We sit silently and watch the world around us. This has taken a lifetime to learn. It seems only the old are able to sit next to one another and not say anything and still feel content. The young, brash and impatient, must always break the silence. It is a waste, for silence is pure. Silence is holy. It draws people together because only those who are comfortable with each other can sit without speaking. This is the great paradox.”
- “I have faith that God will show you the answer. But you have to understand that sometimes it takes a while to be able to recognize what God wants you to do. That’s how it often is. God’s voice is usually nothing more than a whisper, and you have to listen very carefully to hear it. But other times, in those rarest of moments, the answer is obvious and rings as loud as a church bell.”
- “In time, the hurt began to fade and it was easier to just let it go. At least I thought it was. But in every boy I met in the next few years, I found myself looking for you, and when the feelings got too strong, I’d write you another letter. But I never sent them for fear of what I might find. By then, you’d gone on with your life and I didn’t want to think about you loving someone else. I wanted to remember us like we were that summer. I didn’t ever want to lose that.”
- “And I learned what is obvious to a child. That life is simply a collection of little lives, each lived one day at a time. That each day should be spent finding beauty in flowers and poetry and talking to animals. That a day spent with dreaming and sunsets and refreshing breezes cannot be bettered. But most of all, I learned that life is about sitting on benches next to ancient creeks with my hand on her knee and sometimes, on good days, for falling in love.
- “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.”
- “He stared at her, knowing with certainty that he was falling in love. He pulled her close and kissed her beneath a blanket of stars, wondering how on earth he’d been lucky enough to find her.”
- “Someday you’ll find someone special again. People who’ve been in love once usually do. It’s in their nature.”
- “He was ordinary in a world that loved the extraordinary.”
- “When I look in the mirror, I know I’m looking at someone who isn’t sure she deserves to be loved at all.”
- “Thank you for coming into my life and giving me joy, thank you for loving me and receiving my love in return. Thank you for the memories I will cherish forever. But most of all, thank you for showing me that there will come a time when I can eventually let you go. “
- “Summer romances end for all kinds of reasons. But when all is said and done, they have one thing in common: They are shooting stars-a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, a fleeting glimpse of eternity. And in a flash, they’re gone.”
- “Every great love starts with a great story…”
- “I call it God Light, because it reminds me of heaven. Every time the light shines through the window we built or any window at all, you’ll know I’m right there with you, okay? That’s going to be me. I’ll be the light in the window.”
- “When people truly care about each other, they always find a way to make it work.”
- “My Dearest Allie. I couldn’t sleep last night because I know that it’s over between us. I’m not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real. And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I’ll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent the summer beneath the trees, learning from each other and growing in love. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds, and that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I hope to give to you forever. I love you. I’ll be seeing you. Noah “
- “You and I were different. We came from different worlds, and yet you were the one who taught me the value of love. You showed me what it was like to care for another, and I am a better man because of it. I don’t want you to ever forget that.”
- “Loving someone and having them love you back is the most precious thing in the world.”
- “It is the possibility that keeps me going, and though you may call me a dreamer or a fool or any other thing, I believe that anything is possible.”
- “When I was seventeen, I don’t think I even knew what love was. But when it’s right, it’s right, and you just know it.”
- “Never forget that God is your friend. And like all friends, He longs to hear what’s been happening in your life. Good or bad, whether it’s been full of sorrow or anger, or even when you’re questioning why terrible things have to happen.”
- “Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we’re already fightin’
Well that’s what we do, we fight… You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you’re being a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I’m not afraid to hurt your feelings. They have like a 2 second rebound, then you’re back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.
So it’s not gonna be easy. It’s gonna be really hard. We’re gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What’s it look like? If it’s with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that’s what you really wanted. But don’t you take the easy way out.
- “You aren’t going to be her first, her last, or her only… she’s loved before; she will love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters? She’s not perfect – you’re not either. If she can make you laugh and if she admits to being human and making mistakes, hold on to her and give her the most you can. She’s not going to be thinking about you every moment of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows YOU can break – her heart. So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give. Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad and miss her when she’s not there. Because perfect girls don’t exist, but there’s always ONE girl that is perfect for you
- “What makes life worth living is knowing that one day you’ll wake up and find the person that makes you happier than anything in the whole world. So don’t ever lose hope and give up, everything turns out okay and the good guy always wins.
- Don’t say we’re not right for each other, the way I see it, we’re not meant for anyone else.
- Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
- “I’ve learned one thing, and that’s to quit worrying about stupid things. You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You’ll never remember class time, but you’ll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due wednesday. Spend money you don’t have. Drink til sunrise. The work never ends but college does.
- Good love is like a fine wine it keeps getting better as the days go by!
- “The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible — and achieve it, generation after generation.”
- Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow and the leprechauns went and booby trapped it!- Transformers
- “Why’d you wanna marry me for anyhow?”
“So I can kiss ya anytime I want!” – Sweet Home Alabama
- What’s meant to be will always find its way
- Love me for me, not who you want me to be.
- Heroes get remembered legends never die…Follow your heart, and you can never go wrong. – The Sandlot
- I’d rather have thirty minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothin’ special. -Steel Magnolias
- “Noah what are you doing?”
“Just come on.”
You’re gonna get run over!”
“By all the cars.”
“And what happens if a car comes?”
“Trust… You need to learn how to trust.” – The Notebook
Monthly Archives: May 2011
As a few friends and I were sitting around talking tonight, I got to thinking how God is the perfect author. The second we were born, our books began. Chapter 1 is at the top and the date of your birth below and to the right of the page. Below that, indented to the right is your name and after that it says was born today. . . As your life progresses the pages of your book begin to fill. Each birthday begins a new chapter. Every little minuscule detail is written down in the story of your life. The friends you meet and are still friends with to this day. When you got your first scar from having a bike wreck. When you got your first broken bone to when you got your heart broken for the first time. Every little detail that you have forgotten about is written down on each page of our books. God has not forgotten about them. Each of those details have molded you into the woman/man you are today. I have often times thought about my book. The things that have happened to me have shaped me into the woman I am. I have thought about things and how I wouldn’t be the same if they hadn’t have happened.
From broken bones to my parents divorce. Everything that has happened to me has molded me into the woman I am. Now yes, somethings have had a larger affect on me than others. Just like you. Stuff that has happened in your life has had a larger affect on who you are today than some of the small stuff. I have often times wondered why God put my soul in the body I’m in and why He placed me in the life I have. I thank Him for it, I really do. However, I have just wondered “why couldn’t I be the smart one that everything comes naturally to, or why couldn’t I be the one everybody likes.” In my life, I haven’t been the prettiest one. I don’t have the prettiest body, I’m not the sharpest knife in the drawer, when it comes to academics, I’m not the most talented, I’m not the best person I need to be. But, everything in my life that God has given me, I thank Him for it. The struggles that I have had to go through have taught me that in life, not everything comes easy for everyone. Nothing in my life that I have has been given to me. I have had to work for it. Tonight, as my friends and I were sitting around watching The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, something was said in the movie about how when you wish to be someone else, you wish your life away. And we have so many times wanted someone else’s life. Whether it be because they’re smarter, prettier, wealthier, more athletic, famous and the list can go on. But, have you ever stopped to think of what your families lives would be like without you in them. I don’t want to sound conceited, however, their lives would not be as special as they are with you in them. You have so much to offer. Why would you want to be someone else? Because they’re prettier, well they probably don’t have your personality to go with it. They’re wealthier, well, they probably do not have as big of a heart as you do. Because they’re famous, well they probably don’t have many people they can count on. You’re an amazing person and God has placed your soul in the body it’s in for a purpose. Sometimes we don’t understand the things we have to go through. Well, everything we go through has a purpose. Each day strive to be better than you were before! I don’t understand why I had to go through a bad divorce with my parents when the one thing that I want more than anything in this world is to have a family that will sit down on a Sunday after church and talk about their day. After dinner, to sit on the front porch and watch the kids play in the yard laughing and cutting up. But, I had to go through it. And for whatever reason God is going to use that. Maybe to encourage younger kids not to give up on God when the going gets tough. Don’t think for one second that God has given up on you. If you feel like He’s walked away from you, know He hasn’t. If anyone has walked away it would be you walking away from Him. Keep your head held high and know that no matter what storms come your way, He’ll be right there beside you helping you through. 😀
So, I’ve had a really bad day. I had a final. That’s fine. I understand the need for finals. Well, as a class we had to make our own questions for the final! SWEET, right? WRONG!!!!!! So, I get there and a lot of my classmates didn’t show up, because if you had an A in the class you didn’t have to take it. That’s nice. Well, I would’ve had the A in that class if my professor didn’t absolutely hate me. And when I say that, I don’t me oh, woe is me my professor hates me bull crap. No, she hates me and the whole class knows it. That’s fine. As a teacher, it’s kind of obvious that you will not like some of your students. DUH!!! But, what you don’t do is take it out on their grade! How old are you, 12? I mean really! That’s uncalled for. Anyway, I get there today excited about taking it because I knew it would be easy. I mean, we made our own questions. How much easier can it get? She got the questions from our group presentations. There were 4 groups with 4 people in them and 1 group with three. That’s 19 students. Each student had to make 2 questions that pertained to their groups topic. Easy! She then told us the questions will be on the final so pay attention. I get there today to take the final. There are 36 questions on the test. Only one of my questions were on there. And, the other one that was on there was so screwed up that you couldn’t even understand what the question was. I had a hard time understanding it. IT WAS MY QUESTION. Okay moving on, we also got our take home final back today. I made a 25 of 33 on it. If I made that because I was dumb and that’s the grade I deserved, then I would not have a problem with that. No! She counted off 1 point per grammar mistake on my paper. I was the only one she done that to. Not okay. Not only that, but my “grammar mistakes” weren’t even mistakes at all. I was an English major before I switched to Elementary Ed. Yeah, I may have problems with comma usage and stuff like that, but don’t mess with me on subject verb agreement and those sorts of things. I know what I’m talking about. In the take home final portion of the final what we had to do was type the question she asked in bold. Then, type our answer in regular font. Okay, I can handle that. No, she counted off for the way she phrased a question. That’s not my fault. You should have phrased the question better. As if that wasn’t enough, she counted off on another question because she said I should have looked at chapter six. I did. I got my answer straight out of the book. It’s obvious I did, because I used a woman in my answer who was discussed in chapter six. Being a student in the Education program, you have to make a B in this class, because it’s an education class.
This isn’t the first time I have ran into problems with her. She has been giving me problems this whole semester. She assigned 2 extra credit opportunities. I did both of them because I knew I needed the help. One of them I did with a partner. The second one I did was a video I made for the class and posted to youtube, like she told us to do. Actually, I didn’t make the video, my awesome roommate did because I suck at stuff like that. Well on the day of my group’s presentation, I told her I did the extra credit assignment. She blew up at me. She said, “well, I didn’t know you were going to do it. Why didn’t you let me know?” I told her, “so, let me get this straight, you’re getting mad at me for doing an assignment you assigned?” She replied, “don’t get snappy with me, young lady.” I just politely turned away and went on about our presentation. Then our TA (teacher’s assistant) said no, you assigned that and she did it. My professor turned to her and started yelling at her. So, later on that day, when I got back to my dorm, I emailed our TA. I asked her what I should do since she refused to accept it. She told me to stop by her office on Friday (last Friday) and if she still refuses it go talk to a lady that’s over that part of the department. They’re trying to fire her anyway. I knocked on her door. As soon as she opened it, she rolled her eyes and asked in a hateful voice, “what do you want?” I let that one go. I stay in the door facing of her office because, the lights were off and she had stuff piled from her floor to her ceiling. I know it’s a small office but, really? She had a path that was only big enough for her to walk in and this lady is small. She’s about 5″2 and about 100 pounds, that’s pushing it. I proceeded with what I initially went up there for. I said, “since you didn’t accept my extra credit assignment, what would you like me to do about it?” She said, “well, I only allow room for 20 extra credit points and the last one you did was worth 20.” I knew I wasn’t going to get anywhere with this. so, I said, “thank you, have a nice day.” She then continued to prove her point, as if she hadn’t already, and said ,as she pulled out a piece of paper, that was supposedly mine, “see here.” I said, “yes ma’am.” And I knew that was untrue because we’ve done about 6 assignments that were already considered extra credit, so that’s 30 points right there. I just let it go and said okay, thank you for your time. She said, “yeah, whatever.”
There’s a lot more stuff that has happened in this class, but I don’t want to bore you. I just needed a way of getting this out. So, thank you for reading this. Now, I’m just going to go talk to the chair of the department tomorrow. Hopefully, I get a B in this subject. I don’t want to have to re-take this class. If I wasn’t doing well because of me, I would be okay with that. But no, I’m not doing well because of her. That’s just uncalled for and unnecessary. So, I’m just going to hang on, pray and trust God that everything will be okay. 🙂 Hope your day is going well. If it isn’t smile!! God loves you and it will get better. PROMISE!!! 😀 And I don’t make promises I can’t keep. . . Just so you know! 😀
Today, I was thinking about how I fail. I fail at everything I set out to do. Now, before you stop reading, thinking this is a pity party, well it’s not. So, let me finish. 😀 Anyway, I was thinking about all the stuff God expects from us. Not requires, but expects. He expects us to set out on a different adventure than the one we went on the day before. He wants us to do better, think better, ask better, love better, everything we’ve done He wants better. Now, you may be thinking well, I can’t do that. I don’t know how to do and be better, I’m just me. I’m lucky if I can survive that for a day. Some of you reading this may have hectic lives. Trust me I know hectic. I work two jobs and go to college. But, God and I were talking the other day and I was venting to Him. I said God, I know you want me to be better than before but I don’t know how to do that. Everything I do I feel like I fail. I don’t know who I am, I don’t know where I’m going and I surely do not know what you have in store for me. He spoke to me and said all I expect of you is that you try. As soon as He spoke those words to me it hit me. I’m going to school to become a teacher. When Jesus was walking on the Earth in human form, He was a teacher. He taught about faith and sewing seeds and many other parables. As a future teacher and having two years of college under my belt, I’ve learned that just because you grow up and become an adult, it doesn’t mean you stop learning. Think back to when you were in grade school. What was one of the things your teachers said to you? Probably something along the lines of, as long as you try your best, that’s all that matters and you’ll be fine. Now, lets jump back to God. Like I said a bit ago, He was a teacher. Therefore, all he expects of us is that we try our best. In the Bible, in Isaiah 64:6 it says ” But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags, and we all do fade as a leaf; and our inequities, like the wind, have taken us away.” I, being the perfectionist I am, want to be perfect for God. I’m not the type of person that’s self-centered and conceited and think oh I’m holier than thou. No, it’s just in my nature to give everything my all and when that’s not good enough is when I get beat down and worried and stressed. Not to fear, God said no matter what we do or how hard we try, even our best will be as filthy rags. I mean c’mon He’s God, He created the whole free world. He created Heaven and hell. And He even took the time out to mold you and sculpt you into the person you are now. Just think, the God who created Hawaii, and Fiji, and Mt. Everest, created you. He knows that we will fall and get down and get off the path of the straight and narrow. But, that’s what He wants. He wants us to fall that way we can learn to trust Him that He will pick us back up. A major thing we humans struggle with is trust. So many of us have had our trust betrayed only to be left picking up the pieces by ourselves. We’re not alone. God is with us. He doesn’t want you to be perfect, for no one is except Him! He knows we’re human and we fail and falter but He is there to pick us up, dust us off, and give us a pat on the back and says awesome try… Now try it again! That’s what’s so amazing about Him. He will never leave you or forsake you, nor will He put more on your plate than you can handle. Some of you reading this may be going through a really really tough time and see no way out. You feel as though you’re in a desert and you’re searching for God, but you can’t find Him. Well my friend, I’m here to bring you good news! God hasn’t forgotten you! He knows how strong you are and He knows what you can an cannot take. He is right there beside you. And just because you don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel doesn’t meant there’s not one it just means that you’re not right where you need to be. Just hold on to God and He’ll make a way. He always does. And remember, just because you’re broken doesn’t mean you can’t be used, it just means God broke you, for it’s only when you’re truly broken God can take those PIECES and place them perfectly together to make a beautiful MASTERPIECE. Keep your head held high and your feet firmly planted in God because you’re about to see a breakthrough. And it’s like my dad used to always tell me when the devil’s messin’ the Lord’s blessin’. In other words. . . When everything is going all wrong and you see nothing but chaos. That’s when God is working behind the scenes making everything go right and you’re about to see a breakthrough! 😀 Here is a song that helps me get through many of my tough times! I hope you enjoy it and it truly blesses you. It’s called He’ll Make A Way by The Crabb Family. Enjoy! 😀